The International Student Forum

Cambridge

Discussion Forum for international students regarding study in the United Kingdom.

Moderator: studyabroaduk

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Cambridge

Postby vojka » Wed, 17 Oct 2012 05:14:56 -0500

Hi !
I am 16-year-old high school student from Croatia. I am intending to study Mathematics at Cambridge University.

1) In Croatia, at the end of high school we have something called „Drzavna matura“, a series of tests to test our knowledge for applying to colleges. Will I have to pass UK tests (IGSCE and A levels) and can I pass these in Croatia ?
2) My family income is pretty low (about 8000$ annually) so I will definitly not have enough money to pay tution fees and living costs. Where can I search for some scholarships or financial aids ?

Thank you :)
vojka

Re: Cambridge

Postby StudentGuru » Wed, 17 Oct 2012 01:05:36 -0500

If you are looking for financial aids and scholarships information,
you may want to check out http://www.iefa.org
Get social and join in the fun:

Follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/intstudent
Comment on my blog - http://blog.internationalstudent.com
Become a Facebook Fan - http://www.facebook.com/internationalstudent
StudentGuru
International Guru

Postby vojka » Thu, 18 Oct 2012 02:58:12 -0500

Thank you :) Can anyone help me with these UK exams (do I have to pass them and where can I pass them) ?
vojka

Estetik | Burun Estetiği | Estetik Cerrahi

Postby estetik23 » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 06:51:09 -0500

Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14-16 year olds, leading to globally recognised and valued Cambridge IGCSE qualifications. It is part of the Cambridge Secondary 2 stage.
----------------------------------------------------
Estetik
estetik23

Postby vojka » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:16:13 -0500

estetik23 wrote:Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14-16 year olds, leading to globally recognised and valued Cambridge IGCSE qualifications. It is part of the Cambridge Secondary 2 stage.
----------------------------------------------------

Where can I get those qualifications ? Do I have to pass some test or something (possibly in Croatia) ?
vojka

Postby faheem » Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:21:24 -0500

Thank you both for your reply. i was deliberately a bit coy just to Get the vibe as it were of this forum. I just get fustrated when the material I want to sing is never available.

I am fairly certain most karaoke backing tracks are electronic interpolations of the real thing. You can sometimes hear a faint voice, and being the geek I am I have ananlysed the waveforms and running times. Thats why on some tracks one examplle is crash and burn by savage garden the singing is slightly overdubbed from verse to chorus which is common, why not just add another bar to the beat the running times are identical, they either have some kind iof advanced re sampling software, or they get access to the original multitrack.

Simple Acoustic tracks they re record but anything complicated it would make sense to get a copy from the Studio rather than hiring a band to do it.

What counts as an original recording? If someone samples something the resulting out put is not the original its a copy but the sounds are not "real" there made up in the computer.

I did know that its illegal here but the laws are not enforced, I could go down the road here and buy a copy of Windows seven for $10! that includes Office 2010.
:roll: :lol:
raza
faheem

Postby noopie » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:30:29 -0500

Hi there. This post is quite old now but I would love to know what you decided to do - I hope you realiused soon enough that there are not enough people on this forum answering questions sadly. Student room would be the better option for UK study related questions. And in theory you can pass your A levels wherever you want - I did so too and still came here to study.
noopie

Postby voidancer » Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:46:26 -0500

Anyways - there is a good chance to go to Cambridge - and if you can do so, do it, a wonderful city with a more astonishing university and lots of experiences to make, I would definitifely take that chance.
voidancer

Postby noopie » Tue, 22 Mar 2016 10:39:20 -0500

It is a lovely and very prestigious place, which also has its downsides (people are not very open-minded, and a lot of very very wealthy people have houses there and commute to London, so prices are ... close to London prices. Nothing more needs to be said). But it's green and lively and has a cute feel to it. In fact, I am moving there soon, so wish me luck!
noopie

Return to “%s” Study in the UK