Discussion forum for international students regarding study in Australia

Moderator: StudentGuru

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Your interests, Your skills, Your roles

Postby gregorymboelter » Tue, 27 Dec 2016 02:42:41 -0500

What are your Interests?

How do you know what jobs you can apply for?

From day 1 of your studies … or even if you are already half way through it is never too late!

One of the biggest challenges people seem to face is working out what to look for and how to look?

This may seem a bit crazy, but guess what, it works!

Jump onto a job board like SEEK, put a salary range in, and a location if you wish. Then the Category Type and leave off the sub category and key words then hit GO and start reading.

Yes, there will be loads of advertisements.

I promise, it will become obvious which ones to skip past and which ones to stop and read. If you do this on a regular basis you will (a) learn about the industry you are getting into (b) what companies do (c) what is expected of you (d) what you can bring to different roles/organisations.

It’s like putting the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle together. It starts off with, I’ve got all the pieces but someone took the lid away and I cannot see the whole picture. Slowly but surely the picture will reveal itself to you as you piece it all together.
gregorymboelter

Return to “%s” Study in Australia