Discussion forum for international students regarding study in Australia

Moderator: StudentGuru

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

What helped you decide where to study?

Postby Poshie6 » Sat, 27 Jul 2013 01:27:16 -0500

Hi Everyone

I am considering which University to apply for and have been a little overwhelmed by the amount of material I have collected, seen or been sent from those Universities I am considering. I wanted to ask what people found most useful in making their choices and whether what they were shown/sent before applying, lived up to the reality once they started their course?

I personally have found some of the more visual stuff most useful as I can see what it is like to study there. Living in Adelaide I only have 2 options (the 3rd University is difficult for me to get to), and I have found the videos of the facilities and current students very interesting. I am sure the videos show the "best" rooms etc, but it still gives me a better idea of what it would be like to study there than a flyer or brochure. I especially like one of the videos with current students (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZM8ZVosYV3Y#at=177). I hope to visit both Universities during the Open days to see them for myself.

I would love to hear what helped you, or any suggestions you can make.

Thanks
Kathleen :-)
Poshie6

Re: What helped you decide where to study?

Postby yoshewale » Tue, 22 Oct 2013 05:07:34 -0500

Hi,
I know one website that help you to decide where to study.

MSMBAinUSA.com is an informative website which provide tools like profile evaluation, USA university colleges – course search etc. Aspiring students for higher studies into USA can download study material for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL etc. Students can participate in contests and can win exciting prizes.
yoshewale

Postby goabroadchina » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 01:17:17 -0500

Have you ever thought to study in China? Go Abroad China provides Chinese study programs in Shanghai and Beijing China. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us at info@goabroadchina.org or visit our website: www.goabroadchina.org
goabroadchina

Postby Gracey » Thu, 07 May 2015 07:53:57 -0500

I think... it would be great help to read some reviews about universities. Take a look on this site http://www.studyinaustraliareviews.com.au/. Have a nice day!!! :wink:
Gracey

Postby JameeR » Tue, 02 Feb 2016 07:19:36 -0500

Hey there! I can't really be much of a help compared to those who responded. Maybe you can check out Diversity Abroad. They send people abroad for their studies, internship, volunteering, and even teaching. You can check out, too, what universities offer which course you want.
JameeR

Return to “%s” Study in Australia