The International Student Forum

Questions about Studying in Canada? Ask me!

Please feel free to post with questions or comments about studying in Canada!
Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Questions about Studying in Canada? Ask me!

Postby globe runner » Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:26:36 -0500

I am a Canadian English teacher living in Toronto. I noticed many people ask questions about studying in Canada. I am available to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact me, check out my homepage or reply to this post.
Thanks
globe runner

Enquiry on Studying in Canada

Postby 84.christina » Sat, 25 Feb 2006 03:03:15 -0500

Good day,

I just graduated from my first degree in Australia and wish to further my studies in Canada. However, I'm not sure whether the environment in Canada is similar to Australia. Is the living expenses in Canada much expensive? Thanks a lot. ! :D
84.christina

your help needed

Postby nistudent » Sun, 28 May 2006 06:56:23 -0500

My sister in law is currently finishing her GCSE's in the Northern Ireland. She is 16 turning 17 and she wants to go to canada to study and work for a while.

Do you know of any schemes, programmes, schools that might sponsor or help her accomplish this?

Many thanks
nistudent

Re: Questions about Studying in Canada? Ask me!

Postby smshre » Wed, 14 May 2008 10:37:59 -0500

hi
i am an international student recently with my husband in usa as visitor but i want to continue my study in canada in health programs which college or university should i be applying?
and moreover i want to get into canada before our visa expires on 6th of september 2008 plz could u suggest me something that i need to get on with?
thank you
smshre

Postby christinehuynh » Mon, 28 Sep 2009 05:14:25 -0500

globe runner wrote:I am a Canadian English teacher living in Toronto. I noticed many people ask questions about studying in Canada. I am available to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact me, check out my homepage or reply to this post.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your mesg. I am sure lots of students would be interested in contacting you including me. May i have your email address for further questions?

Thanks & best regards,
Christine
christinehuynh

Postby easwaran » Wed, 07 Oct 2009 12:08:10 -0500

globe runner wrote:I am a Canadian English teacher living in Toronto. I noticed many people ask questions about studying in Canada. I am available to answer your questions. Please feel free to contact me, check out my homepage or reply to this post.
Thanks

My dear global runner
this comes from an Indian peasant, who is striving joyfully to support his son to pursue his higher education in "canada"
though financially we are not strong, yet the desire to excel is there
hence this request to you my wonderful[color=#FF00BF] "global runner"

1) my son is now doing his B.E(mechanical ) will be completing his 16yrs of education
he would love to study at a canadian university,
what are the general exams that are needed
for example say TOEFL,
GRE
if so
what should be the average score in order to get admission in the canadian university
2) Canadians are the people who have contributed many scientific revelations to the world
like 'BLACKBERRY'
and what are the professional career opportunity in canada for an ambtious student
3)will the Canadian education will help me to help the fellow beings
and myself in financial terms and all the excellent gifts i can shower on others irrespect of caste and greed
nationality
4) kindly do take a precious moment of yours
friend , global runner,
and inform in this great forum , a list of universities that excel in Mechanical Engineering studies,
5) this request is not only to our "global runner' who chose to respond
friends who ever knows and the heart to share please ,
share what ever information you have and touch a life with "HOPE"
thanks for every one
thanks for the forum admin for starting a wonderful exchange of information
let not the borders divide us in the name of nation
let us be united in hearts
to share and care in spite of many hurdles
i once again welcome all
to respond
thank you friends
with love and immense gratitude
easwaran
India[/color] :P
easwaran

Postby honey1033 » Sat, 13 Feb 2010 03:24:56 -0500

sir plz check my post and help me

here's my post link plz read thiis :::::

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8820
honey1033

Postby NURE » Thu, 18 Feb 2010 02:46:47 -0500

Sir,
I'm asking for a quick help before i finish my study this year , and im looking for any kind of help from you plz just check my post and tell me anything that you think it can help me
Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8825
NURE

Postby atheq » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 01:54:00 -0500

hey i have got acceptance letter from George brown and my application 90% accepted by Humber but centennial is pending. if i get in all three which one should i choose. i mostly require a good standard of education and good job opportunity.
i have applied for wireless networking PG in Humber and George brown and networking PG in centennial.i would like to know how the job opportunity is in Canada for that course.

do tell me the advantages and drawbacks of each
please do reply
thank you
atheq

Postby mr hardluck » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:00:14 -0500

hello
i'm in my first year in collage
i finished my third secondary grade with 85.25 percent in 2009
is my degree too old?
if it not acceptable can i study third secondary grade in canada to know more about their way of learning and teaching?
if it acceptable could i know how to apply to the canadian universities?
mr hardluck

Postby adex » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 09:32:57 -0500

hi ppl,
well im not a regular bloger but i have question regarding my education...im from Bangladesh and have completed BBA (in English) from a private university…my majors are marketing and international business..sadly I have a poor CGPS 2.8…I guess I made things difficult for me..:( now I have a job but I seriously need to finish my masters..and for this reason I have decided to go to Finland to get a Ms degree…my question: is there any way I can go straight to Canada for another masters or a Phd?
please advice
adex

Postby fake » Sat, 16 Apr 2011 03:14:14 -0500

Hi,
I am from India. Completed my Masters in 2008. Then took training for web development. Presently I am running my own website and application development business. But I want to learn some course in SEO so that I can take my business to good heights. After doing the research I found it would be better if do the same from Canada.

Please help me from where can I do such course?
fake

Postby umarz » Fri, 24 Jun 2011 02:24:05 -0500

Hi. I also have few questions regarding studying in canada. Basically I am from Pakistan. I did my MBA from Pakistan in HR. I worked as HR Assistant in a software house for 1 year and also now involved in my own business. For my further studies I want to get admitted in the field of computer science since i also do have keen interest in this field. I saw various universities of canada offering MSc. Computer Science but as i haven't completed pre-requisites of MSc. program so first i have to complete these courses.

Please advise me that how can i cover up those courses before getting admitted in MSc. program. I want to get admitted in a reasonable university or collage for completion of my pre-requisite courses and then to get admitted in a good university for MSc. program.

Please advise ... thank you.
umarz

Postby kamran jarral » Sun, 21 Oct 2012 11:47:47 -0500

dear sir
i hav completed my graduation in Electrical Eng(telecom)
i want to do masters of Eng in internetworking out there in Canada
1;tell me some top ranked universities in Canada having this course..?
2;send me you e-mail adres for further questions....?
kamran jarral

Postby imustknow » Tue, 20 Nov 2012 10:23:34 -0500

hello, i'm currently residing in Pakistan and have just recently recieved my perminent residence visa for Canada. I'm a student and wish to continue my studies over there aswell. i recieved an A grade in GCE 'O' level English Language. My question is that do i need an English Proficiency Test such as ILETS?
imustknow

Return to “%s” Study in Canada