The International Student Forum

Writing the AFMAA?

Please feel free to post with questions or comments about studying in Canada!
Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Writing the AFMAA?

Postby savio_ryan » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 02:03:47 -0500

I have been trying to decide on whether I should write the AFMAA or not.
I had recently planned to apply to 2 universities in Canada, specifically UBC and SFU
But now I'm considering adding University of Waterloo as a 3rd.
Their programs are great, their placements as well, and I've seen Waterloo recommended highly on various forums to those who ask about good accounting colleges

Now I'm interest in doing the AFM program at Waterloo, and so need to write the AFMAA
It's not that I'm too lazy to write now, but I'm not confident of writing well

My writing skills, as I've been told by English teacher, lack the proper expression
She has told me I always have a good idea about what to write, it's just that my expression of idea is poor, and so my writing seems pretty ordinary.
And at times, I think too much, and unintentionally combine 3 different ideas into one sentence, which generally forms a wrong sentence structure.

The AFMAA aside, I think my grades are not a problem,
I secured 95% in Grade 11 (final) and 84% in my most recent Pre-board in 12th.
EC's as well, not great but fair. A bit of leadership event, and help organizing a competition/event.

So my question is, is it worth for a person like me to give the AFMAA a shot?
savio_ryan

Return to “%s” Study in Canada