The International Student Forum

Study in the USA - Where to start?

Discussion Forum for international students regarding study in the US.

Moderator: Annemarie

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Re: Study in the USA - Where to start?

Postby IANKRISBANAWA » Mon, 07 Oct 2013 11:33:52 -0500

Hi. One of my dream is to study in the Unites States of America. I have a plenty of relatives in there and also my sister is been living there now for 5 years. And she told me about studying in America. I wonder, what first step should I consider before going in there? any suggestions?
IANKRISBANAWA

Postby Bearla » Tue, 12 Nov 2013 09:36:55 -0500

[quote="hanasaunt"]Hi, my 17-yr old niece just graduated from a high school in China. She wants to study in the USA for her college education. I am a USA citizen and is willing to provide her the financial support. However, she was told that the fact that she has relatives in the USA would hurt her chance of getting an F-1 visa because the visa officer will think that she has immigration tendency. I think that is ridiculous. How can a 17-yr old girl immigrate? She can't immigrate as a direct relative to a US citizen, she has no skill to be employed, she can't marry... She just wants to get education here. It should be a positive thing that she has a relative here to guide her and support her. Does anyone have feedback on this issue? Is having a relative in USA actually a minus for getting a foreign student visa? Thanks for your

Hi There,
Recently my friend went to get a 6 month visa unlike your niece she isn't going to school just visiting but when she went to the American embassy they repeatedly said you have no strong ties to your home, we don't believe you will come back. It was an intense 5 hours for her but she stood firm. Also, my brother just sponsored my cousin (he's 49 and not married, he hates it here lol), so I'm not sure what they are suggesting but the important part is for your niece to do the following:

Get all her paper work together (education wise)
Pick the schools she would like to apply for, apply to them
And start her paperwork for her student visa........it show intent

If she needs any further assistance she can contact me at http://www.bearlainternationalstudies.com or email me at info.bearla@gmail.com.
It would be my pleasure to help in anyway!!! Elizabeth Koukladas
Bearla

Postby paul59539 » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 02:14:23 -0500

Online Degree Programs
Many schools now offer their students the opportunity to earn a degree online from anywhere in the world. For many students that cannot afford to leave home for years, online learning is the only way to earn a US degree. Learn the advantages and disadvantages of completing an online degree in your chosen field of study.
paul59539

Postby aryanpawar » Tue, 20 May 2014 12:51:50 -0500

Hello yasirwesa,
i found one site on this site you will get right suggestion just check out http://www.msmbainusa.com/ on this site much more information is available about study in USA..
aryanpawar

Postby aryanpawar » Wed, 02 Jul 2014 01:36:41 -0500

hello frds,
many students are want to complete their education from USA ..in USA top universities are available.. if any buddy wants to any information about those USA universities then just check it out http://www.msmbainusa.com./ this site you will get all the information .
aryanpawar

Postby donn2121 » Wed, 09 Jul 2014 11:20:43 -0500

Hello,

I have studied in the UK for around 6 years now. I have finished my bachelors in business and finance and masters in Investment Management in top universities. I have achived the top grades in every term and have two first diplomas, I also obtained two scholarships. I now want to study mathematics in Stanford, but I do not know where to start, and whether I have any chance of getting in. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
donn2121

Postby msuinternational » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:17:25 -0500

Murray State University is a USA university in Kentucky that has excellent programs for international students, and it has affordable tuition: $15,000 USD per year for undergraduates and $17,000 USD per year for graduate students. There are also several scholarships available, and there are many clubs and internships that can help students network, and later find jobs. There is also an ESL program that offers conditional admission to other Murray State programs.
msuinternational

Postby OES India » Wed, 19 Nov 2014 06:17:22 -0500

dwaine18 wrote:If you really want to attend an American University the best place to prepare is The University
Of English. Their University Prep Plus program helped get me into Harvard University with
Almost a full financial Aid package. All staff members at the University are graduates of Ivy League schools. Even if you do not have perfect grades you should apply. The Staff at the University of English will highlight your strengths in such a way that they will outweigh your weaknesses. The rules of the Ivy League schools have changed and now
International students have more options of attending these schools with financial aid. Schools
Like Harvard and Penn offer full financial aid to international students. The Program at The University Of English is highly regarded and comes with a money back guarantee. If your really serious about Changing your future you should start with them. They helped me.

Antonio
Upenn '04
Harvard '06

Nice reply , will definitely going to help many , thanks for this.
OES India

Postby Georgescurlock » Mon, 01 Dec 2014 09:25:56 -0500

Hello guys, I found some are wants to study in USA. As a student I wants give little help to them. As most of students are wants to get admission in USA College I have an option for them by which may be everyone get some help on join in USA College. Simply anyone can call on this number 860-586-8608 for direct talk with USA college experts who are telling us some helpful instructions about USA colleges for getting admission.
Georgescurlock

Postby Anne789 » Tue, 24 Mar 2015 01:08:04 -0500

dwaine18 wrote:If you really want to attend an American University the best place to prepare is The University
Of English. Their University Prep Plus program helped get me into Harvard University with
Almost a full financial Aid package. All staff members at the University are graduates of Ivy League schools. Even if you do not have perfect grades you should apply. The Staff at the University of English will highlight your strengths in such a way that they will outweigh your weaknesses. The rules of the Ivy League schools have changed and now
International students have more options of attending these schools with financial aid. Schools
Like Harvard and Penn offer full financial aid to international students. The Program at The University Of English is highly regarded and comes with a money back guarantee. If your really serious about Changing your future you should start with them. They helped me.

Antonio
Upenn '04
Harvard '06

Good point Antonio! It seems like the better the school, the more resources they have for financial aid. Though, getting into them is very difficult on its own.
Anne789

Postby Grey_bird » Tue, 27 Oct 2015 09:33:32 -0500

Thanks for sharing! :wink:
Grey_bird

Postby Grassy » Fri, 30 Oct 2015 06:02:11 -0500

Really helpful information!

And community colleges are cheaper, it's true. But as a result of studying they provide a two-year degree or some technical certificate. On the other hand, there are some areas as health care, manufacturing and information technology where graduates could earn up to $55,000 a year.

So sometimes two-year degree could be better investment than four-year.
Grassy

Study in Malaysia

Postby siyahtiri » Thu, 19 May 2016 03:24:59 -0500

siyahtiri

Postby Olivia.Flatcher » Fri, 20 May 2016 08:58:25 -0500

Some of my former students studied at Felician University(New Jersey) and I heard from them that the quality of education there is quite good. They study finance and are graduating this year. I personally recommend this university for foreigners.
https://studybay.com/thesis-conclusion/ - The essential factors of a thesis conclusion that everyone should know in order to make sure that your thesis conclusion meets the required standard
Olivia.Flatcher

Postby Daniel Smith » Thu, 09 Jun 2016 03:31:51 -0500

My friend is a foreigner and would like to study religious studies. Will it be possible to study this subject in Felician University?
Daniel Smith

Return to “%s” Study in the USA