The International Student Forum

international student loan without a co-signer

Financial Aid is always a popular topic. Use this section to tell other students about resources you have found.

Moderator: jfrankel

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

international student loan without a co-signer

Postby carysla » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:57:50 -0500

Hi,

I'm from the UK am am about to go to Columbia University. I'm looking for any loans available to international students that don't require a US citizen as a co-signer. Anyone know of any?
carysla

Postby Natoar23 » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:21:23 -0500

There are no loans for international students to study in the US.

You could ask your parents if they would be willing to take out a loan in the Uk for you to use.

Have you been accepted to Columbia yet?
Natoar23

Postby J.Z » Tue, 12 Sep 2006 05:04:12 -0500

Hi ,

at the Global Student Loan Corporation http://www.globalslc.com you don't need an US-citizen as co signer. It could be that you need to have a co signer in your home country.

It's not right that there are no loans available to international students. If you have a US citizen who is willing to co sign a loan than there are some good loan companies.
One of them is

http://www.internationalstudentloan.com

J.Z
J.Z

Postby pakmac » Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:46:40 -0500

THANK YOU J.Z!!!...That link just gave me a lot of hope!
pakmac

Re: international student loan without a co-signer

Postby paybill » Thu, 28 Oct 2010 06:37:42 -0500

Yes there is possible to borrow loan for international student without co signer if he or she spent 2 or more years in that particular nation.
paybill

Re: international student loan without a co-signer

Postby alicia » Fri, 26 Dec 2014 01:41:14 -0500

UK am am about to go to Columbia University. I'm looking for any loans available to international students that don't require a US citizen as a co-signer. Anyone know of any?
emma
alicia

Return to “%s” Financial Aid