The International Student Forum

LATE Scholarships/Funds/Student aid - special case

Financial Aid is always a popular topic. Use this section to tell other students about resources you have found.

Moderator: jfrankel

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

LATE Scholarships/Funds/Student aid - special case

Postby Reut.Barak » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:37:28 -0500

Dear all,
I've got a bit of a special case here.
I come from music (Bachelor and career as a classical singer) and I'm going to management (accepted to MBA at Oxford) in order to eventually do music management.
I've been looking for scholarship and grants, but most are either for the US only, assigned per universities, or simply past their date.
Any ideas?
Reut

Details: Oxford university, 1 year MBA. citizenships Hungary, Israel, Jewish, woman.
Reut.Barak

Re: LATE Scholarships/Funds/Student aid - special case

Postby selau » Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:44:36 -0500

Have you tried getting in touch with Oxfords International Student Affairs? Many universities will have this type of information ready for you, especially if you have already been accepted to the university. You could also run a search for music scholarships and the like. Does your country offer anything for students studying abroad? Make sure you scour your government's aid sites to make sure. Sometimes the information is hiding out in the darkest of corners.
selau

Postby prodigyfinance » Mon, 12 May 2014 08:35:56 -0500

Hi Reut,

Apologies that this reply comes late, but hopefully it will help other students in your shoes in the future! Oxford Saïd Business School (and other leading MBA programmes like Cambridge Judge, London Business School, INSEAD) is working with Prodigy Finance (https://www.prodigyfinance.com/get_a_loan) to offer international student loans for MBAs.

Cheers,
Charlie
prodigyfinance

Postby mohsinj677 » Wed, 27 Aug 2014 04:58:15 -0500

You could also run a search for music scholarships and the like. Does your country offer anything for students studying abroad?
Mohsin
mohsinj677

Return to “%s” Financial Aid