The International Student Forum

F1 Married to Citizen, help :(

Got any immigration questions for the USA? Post them here for all to help answer!

Moderator: Bobby Chung

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

F1 Married to Citizen, help :(

Postby zzzzojj » Sun, 03 Apr 2016 06:50:34 -0500

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in a F1 visa, and me and my husband got married about half a year ago.
We did not send any forms yet to the immigration, just married at the courthouse..
The reason why is because one of the immigration adviser in my school said that if I did apply for my papers, my school wouldn't allow me to study at the same time. She did say there's a way of being able to apply for my papers and stay in school, maintaining my F1, at the same time but she had no idea how (very weird).
I know that in order to apply for my residency I would have to send the I-130 and I-485. I was wondering if anyone had information regarding me not being able to stay studying while doing this application, would like to get my papers going, I still have at least 2 more years in school.. and did not want to stay out of school for who knows how long.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 06:48:21 -0500

Return to “%s” Immigration Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests