The International Student Forum

CPT Requirements

Got any immigration questions for the USA? Post them here for all to help answer!

Moderator: Bobby Chung

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

CPT Requirements

Postby yunyeng » Tue, 24 Mar 2015 05:02:26 -0500

Hello there, I am currently attending Graduate School in San Francisco on MS in IT Management, and my school provides both CPT and OPT. The problem is right now I am finishing my second full-time semester at school, and looking for do an internship for the summer, but my professor is giving me hard time as she recalls it early internship. I am preparing to do it as a Software Developer and our courses are not technical, I know legally I have the right to work after two full time semester which counts as a Full Academic Year in US. And they insist me on doing the internship in fall term, I don't understand why. What are my rights now at the moment? Thank you very much.
yunyeng

Return to “%s” Immigration Issues