The International Student Forum

Cheap international calls for students

Need information on a calling card, mobile phone, or even which sim card to get - post your topic here!

Moderator: StudentGuru

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Re: Cheap international calls for students

Postby TarKONFOR » Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:08:02 -0500

Hi,
Using "skype.com" or "nono.net" software might be the cheapest way of fulfilling your communication needs.
Thanks
J.T.
TarKONFOR

Postby cgrenoble » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 02:41:26 -0500

hello all,
I'm now studying in france, and found a very cheap way to call abroad and I would share my findings.
There are some conditions though:

- phone call needs to be placed between 7PM to 9PM GMT
- you must be using a fixed phone and calling fixed phone
- works for the following countries:

Açores, Afrique du Sud, Alaska, Albanie, Allemagne, Andorre, Angleterre, Argentine, Australie, Autriche, Bahamas, Bahreïn, Baléares, Belgique, Bermudes, Brésil, Brunei, Bosnie-Herzégovine, Bulgarie, Canada (y compris mobiles), Canaries, Chili, Chine, Christmas Islands, Chypre, Colombie, Corée du Sud, Costa Rica, Croatie, Danemark, Ecosse, Espagne, Estonie, Etats-Unis (y compris mobiles), Finlande, Géorgie, Gibraltar, Grèce, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guernesey, Guyane, Guyane Française, Hawaï, Hong-Kong, Hongrie, Iles Caimans, Ile de Pâques, Iles Féroé, Iles Marianne du Nord, Iles vierges américaines, Inde, Indonésie, Irlande, Irlande du Nord, Islande, Israël, Italie, Japon, Jersey, Jordanie, Laos, Lettonie, Liechtenstein, Lituanie, Luxembourg, Macao, Macédoine, Madère, Malaisie, Malte, Maroc(16), Martinique, Moldavie, Monaco, Norvège, Nouvelle-Zélande, Panama, Paraguay, Pays-Bas, Pays de Galles, Pérou, Pologne, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Rép. Tchèque, Réunion, Roumanie, Russie, Saint Barthélemy, Saint-Marin, Saint Martin (Antilles Françaises), Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, Samoa américaines, Singapour, Slovaquie, Slovénie, Suède, Suisse, Taïwan, Thaïlande, Trinité et Tobago, Turquie, Vatican, Venezuela.

How it works ? You provide phone number where you can be reached as well the phone number of your partner and a operator to connect you to each other. If you are interested, drop me a mail.

Cheers, Charles.
cgrenoble

Postby KateR » Wed, 09 Mar 2011 11:25:34 -0500

Hello, all!
In order to keep in touch with your relatives and friends VoIP service is great solution. I make many international calls, especially in the USA and France, I use ABC-VoIP company, the calling rates are low and as a student I can always find Internet connection, so it is easy to access my account and make calls. Also there is a possibility to use your mobile phone and make calls by VoIP, this service saves money and the voice quality is good.
Hope this information will help you to find the solution you need.
Best regards
Kate
KateR

Postby JustinBarley » Mon, 16 May 2011 03:38:10 -0500

Hey people,
I am in a foreign exchange program in the UK
so as it understands I need to make a lot of international calls to keep in touch with my family
and friend... Skype is OK but it depends on I-net quality so it's not very reliable.

The one I've been using for international calls is Cheapestinternationalcalls(dot)com
They provide international calls to almost all countries around the world.

The other thing that I`m using is GlocalMeet(dot)com ... They are offering totally free international conference calls.
At first I found it hard to believe but after a few of my class mates told me that they are using it. I signed in too.
Now we are making conference calls with all my friend.

I hope I've been of help.
JustinBarley

Postby Eason » Wed, 06 Jun 2012 08:51:21 -0500

I have been using yesdial, which is quite convenient.It will not take my free minutes and no connection fee.
Eason

Postby Jude » Sun, 10 Jun 2012 04:34:33 -0500

I think using Skype is the only better way! Cheap and fast.
Jude

Postby kevin316 » Fri, 22 Jun 2012 02:37:56 -0500

jonnyT wrote:As a student with financial aid myself I have found it hard at times but one thing that has helped me is being able to call home to talk to friends and family to keep my spirits up.

I have found this really cheap and easy to use service called FooCall that I'd like to tell everyone about. They offer really cheap international calls to students and give then their first call free.

You can sign up for free and you can use any phone including any landline, any mobile, an iphone or your computer to make international calls with FooCall.

Has anyone heard or this service or anything better??

I use google voice to call my country, 2 cents per minute for landline. cell phone is much much more so I never call cell phones.
kevin316

maillot de foot manche longue chelsea

Postby mailotPaf » Tue, 17 Jun 2014 09:29:51 -0500

Hello! I've been reading your website for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent job! maillot psg enfant I simply could not leave your site prior to suggesting that I actually enjoyed the usual info an individual provide in your guests? Is gonna be again frequently in order to check up on new posts maillot coupe du monde 2014 I couldn't resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!
[url=http://www.cwstudio.it/fr/maillot-equipe-de-france-pas-cher/]Maillot France Pas Cher[/url]
mailotPaf

Website: http://www.marseilleforum.com/honeypot/maillot-equipe-de-france-pas-cher.html

Postby Daniel1 » Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:30:54 -0500

Hi, I use the Smartgroschen. They have a small top-up starts from 0.89 Euro, so just enough to use from time to time.
Daniel1

Postby Utteru » Thu, 16 Apr 2015 08:01:08 -0500

VoIP is one of the best techniques to make cheap international calls for students.
[url=https://www.utteru.com/pricing/call-canada]Call to Canada[/url]
[url=https://www.utteru.com/pricing/call-china]How to Call China[/url]
[url=https://www.utteru.com/pricing/call-mexico]Call to Mexico[/url]
Utteru

Postby willwf » Fri, 06 Nov 2015 06:04:51 -0500

:D :D
willwf

Postby buddyinfrance » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:22:23 -0500

Hi, I'm studying in France. I'm using the French operator Free. They have a special offer this year for 3.99 euro per month, with unlimited calls and texts if I don't remember it wrong. and it is free for calling from France to the US, Canada, China and several other countries. I think that it is pretty awesome for international students in France. You can just check those company regularly and you will find that many times they have special offers like this one I have. And for now, the french company SFR is basically doing the same thing. If you think it is useful, just check their website.
buddyinfrance

Postby JohnMattana » Thu, 12 May 2016 09:46:12 -0500

JohnMattana

Return to “%s” Communication