The International Student Forum

LAWSUIT AGAINST PICCELL WIRELESS/PLATFORM 3000

Need information on a calling card, mobile phone, or even which sim card to get - post your topic here!

Moderator: StudentGuru

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Re: LAWSUIT AGAINST PICCELL WIRELESS/PLATFORM 3000

Postby smhunter » Sun, 07 Dec 2008 07:29:06 -0500

HELLO, MY NAME IS SHAYLA HUNTER, FORM BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, AND I'M A SENIOR AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND EASTERN SHORE. I STUDIED ABROAD OVER THE 2008 SUMMER SESSION AT THE LONDON COLLEGE OF FASHION AND I WAS ENCOURAGED TO USE PICCELL WIRELESS AS MY PHONE SERVICE WHILE STUDYING. THE FIRST MONTH WAS COOL AND THE BILL WAS LESS THAN 100 DOLLARS, BUT THEN CAME THEN END OF THE PROGRAM AND THE OUTSTANDING BILL FOR THE LAST MONTH. PICCELL KEPT SENDING ME THREATENING EMAILS ABOUT THE BILL AND TRIED TO DEBIT MY ACCOUNT SEVERAL TIMES AND WERE UNSUCCESSFUL. THE LAST TIME THEY DID IT THEY TOOK $1700 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND I'M AM FIGHTING THEM NOW. I REALLY WANT TO JOIN THIS LAWSUIT BECAUSE THIS IS COMPLETE INJUSTICE AND BECAUSE WE'RE STUDENTS, THEY BELIEVE THEY ARE GOING TO GET AWAY WITH THIS. IF ENOUGH OF US COME TOGETHER AND VOICE ORU OPINIONS, WE WILL CONQUER THEM AND THEY WILL HAVE TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS. I ALSO CONTACTED TEH LOCAL NEWS STATIONS, AS WELL AS MARYLAND'S SENATOR, DELEGATES, AND CONGRESSMAN.

THANKS YOU,

SHAYLA HUNTER
smhunter

Postby smhunter » Mon, 08 Dec 2008 01:33:30 -0500

HEY KAREN, I'M SORRY I'M NEW TO THIS AND I DON'T KNO WHO WTO DO IT. JUST SEND ME THE DIRECTIONS AND I CAN GET IT TO YOU BY THIS EVENING.

THANKS AGAIN,

SHAYLA
smhunter

Postby smhunter » Tue, 09 Dec 2008 04:23:53 -0500

THANKS SO MUCH MUCH I'M GOING TO SEND IT TO YOU BY THIS EVENING.

SHAYLA HUNTER
smhunter

Postby harri589 » Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:08:28 -0500

Its seems that this has yet company to change its ways.... 24 students went on study abrod to Italy and a number of us were charged outragous prices. They did not inform us of ways to get dicounted rates and they appeared to be the best way to go but in the mix of it they were the worst. I am attempting to get a class-action lawsuit started if you need more assistants please feel free to contact me.
harri589

Postby Moishe » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:29:27 -0500

harri589 wrote:Its seems that this has yet company to change its ways.... 24 students went on study abrod to Italy and a number of us were charged outragous prices. They did not inform us of ways to get dicounted rates and they appeared to be the best way to go but in the mix of it they were the worst. I am attempting to get a class-action lawsuit started if you need more assistants please feel free to contact me.

Can you tell me what was the program you were attending in Italy?
Moishe

Postby Moishe » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:38:08 -0500

karenwalker574 wrote:Shayla, I didn't receive an e-mail from you- are you still interested in knowing about the lawsuit?
-KW

Are you serious about the lawsuit?
As far as I know PW paid the lawfirm in Seattle that was suing them and this is the end of it all. What lawsuit are you talking about?
I think the best way to stop them is to tell your stories to the deans of the organizations who still work with them. I can help you with addresses.
Moish
Moishe

Postby loki942 » Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:27:19 -0500

I am currently dealing with PICCELL and they've been nothing but a pain. They have charged me for telemarketing calls made to my USVN to the tune of approx $120, and these are calls I havent even answered. How could I have, since I've been outside Greece since JUNE and they just sent me a bill for calls in AUGUST!
loki942

Postby ladyerica1012 » Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:23:22 -0500

Hello Shayla,
My name is Erica O. and I studied Abroad in Regents College London in the Fall of 2008, (from January to May); and I also went through the same ordeal with Piccell Wireless.
I began using the phone in mid- January, and the first bill was reasonable. but then afterwards the bill got outrageous every month until I could no longer afford to pay, so they cut off the service on April 4th, yet made several attempts to deduct on my credit card. By the time I got back to the States in May, they had sent me a bill for over $3000 dollars and threatened me with emails and phone calls. And now they have some Collection Agency call me every month to collect the bill. I have paid almost $1000 dollars, and I no longer wish to pay anymore, for I don't think I should be paying all that money for a phone I only used for less than 3 months.

I seriously want to get involved in this Law Suit, so please send me information.

Thank you.
ladyerica1012

Postby AZAL » Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:43:35 -0500

Hello and just registered so we can help spread the word. STAY AWAY FROM PICCELL - THEY ARE AN UNSCRUPULOUS COMPANY that will basically steal $$ from you! Our daughter just came back from a Italian study abroad program, and although I cannot get into all the details right now, suffice to say that they have their HANDS in your bank account and pull money out, even over outrageous fees, and maybe even phantom fees. Good luck trying to stop them, or deal with their pathetic robotic customer service reps who sounds like they hear these complaints all days long, but don't give a darn.

Use cheap cell phones (or rented phones) in the host country, buy prepaid phone cards, look for other solutions - they are out there. But stay away from these SCAM ARTISTS.

Bottom-line, we usually wish businesses to do well if they have integrity and pride in what they do. But this Piccell group are a bunch of SCAM artists who do not care that Students and Parents work so hard in today's economy for a special moment in life - only to coldly rip them off. Hopefully their demise comes one day, may karma bite them in their . .

Good luck.
AZAL

Return to “%s” Communication