The International Student Forum

Good travel mobile plan in France and the EU

Need information on a calling card, mobile phone, or even which sim card to get - post your topic here!

Moderator: StudentGuru

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Good travel mobile plan in France and the EU

Postby buddyinfrance » Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:43:05 -0500

Hi Guys, I'm a Chinese student studying in France. I traveled to several countries in Europe and during my trips, the biggest problem is being connected with my family or friends. I can't live without internet and the data roaming internationally is extremely expensive.

However, I found one french operator which is interesting for short-time travelling in France or the EU. It's called LeFrenchMobile. This operator offers sim cards for phone calls and data. It's prepaid and there is no activation needed. I went to Spain, Italy, Switzerland and Germany for about 15 days, and before I left France, I ordered the Sim from LeFrenchMobile and they sent the sim card to my home in 5 days. I bought a 30 euro credit plan included a data bundle of 200MB plus up to 40 mins of calling and 45 texts. It was pretty awesome and I felt pretty safe that I can connect to friends and internet. They also have other offers such as pure data sim or a data sim with a Huawei hotspot which can connect to up to 9 devices. If I travel with other friends next time, I probably would buy this plan because we can share the cost and the hotspot. It would be much cheaper to have internet during the trips. I hope that it would be helpful for international students who want to travel in Europe during their spare time.

And if you have better sulotions for sim cards please share with me, I love to travel and I love to know the best and cheapest solutions for communication.
buddyinfrance

Re: Good travel mobile plan in France and the EU

Postby Daniel Smith » Thu, 02 Jun 2016 08:11:37 -0500

While traveling to France I used Free Mobile operator and its calling tariffs was great at that time. Moreover, the packet included good Internet connection.
Daniel Smith

Return to “%s” Communication