The International Student Forum

Student Health insurance in the US

Need information or advice about insurance, then post your query here!

Moderators: JChaim, Annemarie

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Student Health insurance in the US

Postby indigo-dreams » Mon, 08 Feb 2010 12:17:59 -0500

Hi everyone!

I have been looking to get some health insurance but am pretty lost... :roll:

I mainly want a plan that covers basic GP visits, GYN visits and tests, and prescription coverage/discount.

Of course being on a student visa the whole 'shipping your body back to your country' and all that morbid stuff must be covered too :lol: but generally what I want is really simple, I have no medical history and I'm not sick! But all the insurance websites make it sound so complicated. I'm looking to pay around $70 or less a month or a reasonable annual sum.

So if you have a plan you would like to recommend or refer me too, or help me know where to start :P I would greatly appreciate it!

Please and Thanks!
J.
indigo-dreams

WLM: e2dependantsspeakout@live.com

Re: Student Health insurance in the US

Postby Addydigit » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 06:46:06 -0500

automatically enroll you in an insurance plan since coverage is not mandatory. Additionally, the cost of health services, examinations, and prescription medication is much more expensive than what you may be accustomed to. It is not uncommon for an emergency visit to add up to thousands of dollars.
Addydigit

Postby lasily001 » Mon, 12 Nov 2012 01:31:52 -0500

Hi,
The best way to get insurance would be that you should enroll yourself in some insurance company which gives health and other kinds of insurance facilities. There are also many banks which provide such kinds of insurance facilities.
lasily001

Postby bizzy » Tue, 24 Sep 2013 05:15:00 -0500

Hi! I do like to go with the topic. Really it is very important to start this type of service. Student health care is so important to increase the quality of education. And I do feel for increasing of the quality of education. We cannot forget that education is the backbone of a nation and students are the asset of a country so we need to give emphasis on students. I think there having a lot of education service provider community and essaythinker.com is the best of here to give you help concerning essay writing, custom writing, termpaper writing, research paper writing etc.
I want to write books that unlock the traffic jam in everybody's head.”
― John Updike, Hugging the Shore: Essays and Criticism
bizzy

Postby LondonLover » Tue, 03 Jun 2014 08:29:16 -0500

The U.S. healthcare system can can be terribly complicated, but this video really helped me understand!

Check it out,
http://vimeo.com/96061408
LondonLover

Return to “%s” Student Insurance