The International Student Forum

Do you know of a good health insurance plan?

Need information or advice about insurance, then post your query here!

Moderators: JChaim, Annemarie

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

Do you know of a good health insurance plan?

Postby moorcal » Wed, 04 Jun 2008 02:23:53 -0500

I need to find a plan that is affordable outside a group plan or is there a group plan available to me? I do not want the discount card type of plan I want an actual insurance policy accepted by many doctors and hospitals. 80/20 coverage is great with annual deductible choices.
moorcal

Re: Do you know of a good health insurance plan?

Postby cezal » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 12:33:30 -0500

Hello. Your best option is to find a reputable broker in your area with at least 10 years of experience. UHC, B. Cross, Humana and Aetna are four of the major carriers and should be competitive.

Stay away from "value" and "saver" plans, as they tend to be stripped down.

I hope this helps.
cezal

Postby frederic.spuin » Tue, 24 Jun 2008 04:17:29 -0500

Cezal is right I have also read an article on Business Week about insurance providers which tend to provide low covers in certain circumstances.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_20/b4084041503239.htm
frederic.spuin

Postby thadangel » Tue, 07 May 2013 01:57:05 -0500

Individuals who may need to include other members of their family on their student insurance plan may seek a plan that has dependent coverage. This is ideal for individuals who are students but have dependents, such as children and a spouse. In many insurance plans for students, a spouse is covered under student insurance plans even if they are not currently enrolled in college. Parents who are purchasing student health insurance for their children may not wish to do so if the child is covered by their current health insurance plan, and there are no problems with the benefits, costs and coverage included with this plan.
buy followers
thadangel

Return to “%s” Student Insurance