The International Student Forum

FEDERAL TAX CALCULATION FOR TUITION FEES CLAIM ***URGENT***

Need information or advice about insurance, then post your query here!

Moderators: JChaim, Annemarie

Forum rules
Our rules are simple:
- Spam will not be tolerated
- Never use abusive or offensive language
- ABSOLUTELY NO marketing or promotional links allowed

PLEASE NOTE THIS REGARDING MARKETING OR LINKS
All links posted in our forums are "nofollow" and carry no search engine weight.

If you wish to advertise or promote a service you offer to international students, please see the appropriate forum for Advertising/ Promotion. It's very simple, fail to adhere to these guidelines and you will be banned and removed - your are only wasting our time and your time!

FEDERAL TAX CALCULATION FOR TUITION FEES CLAIM ***URGENT***

Postby makepop1 » Tue, 30 Nov 2010 07:07:41 -0500

Hi friends,
I am from INDIA . I enrolled for Post-secondary Full-Time program at Algonquin College,1385 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2G 1V8 for september 2009 intake. Unfortunately due to health problems i discontinued my studies within 40 days and return back to my home country. Before leaving india i gave a written statement to the college authorities regarding my fee refund and they denied the refund and says iam ineligible to get the refund, i tried in many ways by writing, calling them, but went on vain, no chances of getting the refund, Few days later i received a letter from CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) to claim the paid tution amount (5,582 CAD).

They are advising me to calculate the federal tax and enter in the form which i'm really confused.
My deadline to claim the tuition fees is before Dec 31st 2010,

my question is :
1) how to get my refund from college 5,582 CAD if not full amount at least part amount
2) If I missed the deadline then is there any legal way to get the money for ex.. human rights or something like that

Plz help me to get my money back...

I really donno how to calculate the tax amount and apply to claim.
makepop1

Return to “%s” Student Insurance